Top 10 Reasons Not To Eat Sugar
Here are the top ten reasons to avoid refined (white) sugar in your diet:
1. Sugar causes tooth decay because it decreases the effectiveness of a particular type of white blood cell that “eats” bacteria.
2. Sugar causes the body to release more adrenaline, which may expalin hyperactivity in young children.
3. Calcium loss in urine occurs when a person consumes a soft drink containg sugar.
4. Ingesting sugar makes the pancreas work harder to produce insulin. Diabetes results when the overworked pancreas can no longer eliminate sugar from the bloodstream.
5. White sugar is bleached with chlorine.
6. Sugar can hinder weight loss because high insulin levels cause the body to store carbohydrates as fat.
7. Sugar increases the likelihood of chronic fatigue.
8. Sugar increases mood swings, irritability and anxiety.
9. Sugar compromises the immune system.
10. Eating sugar can decrease helpful HDL cholesterol and increase bad LDL cholesterol.
Fairport Chiropractic1157 Fairport Road
Fairport, NY 14450