2 Of The Easiest and Best Things To Do To Improve Your Health
Everyone can improve their health by drinking more water and getting more sleep.
Most people don’t get enough sleep. Your body needs sufficient sleep to rest and regenerate, it is vital to the regular daily cycle for good health. You can’t survive on four hours of sleep a night. Many people think they can get along with not much sleep but your body needs it. Without a sufficient amount of sleep people became irritable, have joint aches and pains, experience weight gain, and become generally lethargic and less mentally sharp. Research has shown time and again when you get more sleep, mood improves, physically you feel better and cognitive ability improves. When they do this research with college students getting more sleep, test scores always improve!
Here are several benefits of getting more sleep:
2. Less pain-Getting enough sleep may actually make you hurt less. Many studies have shown a link between sleep loss and lower pain threshold.
3. Lower risk of injury-Sleeping enough might actually keep you safer. Sleep deprivationhas been linked with many accidents and disasters.
4. Better mood-You have probably noticed that when you’re exhausted, you’re more likely to be cranky. Not getting enough sleep affects your emotional regulation.
5. Better weight control– sleep loss goes along with an increased risk of weight gain.
6. Clearer thinking– Sleep loss affects how you think, it impairs your cognition, your attention, and your decision-making
7. Better memory-Studies have shown that while we sleep, our brains process and consolidate our memories from the day. If you don’t get enough sleep, it seems like those memories might not get stored correctly.
8. Stronger immunity– People who got seven hours of sleep a night or less were almost three times as likely to get sick as the people who got at least eight hours of sleep a night.
Fairport Chiropractic1157 Fairport Road
Fairport, NY 14450