Rules For Safe Lifting
1. Avoid bending from the waist only, bend the hips and the
2. Avoid lifting heavy objects higher than your waist.
3. Always turn and face the object you wish to lift.
4. Avoid carrying unbalanced loads.
5. Hold heavy objects close to your body.
6. Never carry or move anything which you cannot handle
7. Avoid sudden movements. Learn to move more
8. Change positions frequently. In mopping, vacuuming,
raking, etc., always work with the tool close to the body.
Never use a giant step and a long reach in these
Fairport Chiropractic1157 Fairport Road
Fairport, NY 14450