2 Of The Easiest and Best Things To Do To Improve Your Health
Everyone can improve their health by drinking more water and getting more sleep.
Most people are in the low range of fluid consumption and are not hydrating properly. Everyone generally drinks at mealtime, but in between many do not drink anything. You need to consistently drink water throughout the day. There are many formulas for how much to drink but don’t worry about the details just drink! When you walk by a drinking fountain or sink, get a drink, have a glass full of water at your workstation and drink throughout the day. When you get up in the morning one of the first things to do is drink a glass of water. Here are a few reasons to drink more water:
1. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids.Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
2. Water Can Help Control Calories. For years, dieters have been drinking lots of water as a weight loss strategy. While water doesn’t have any magical effect on weight loss, substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.
3. Water Helps Energize Muscles. Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytesshrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. "When muscle cells don’t have adequate fluids, they don’t work as well and performance can suffer," says Guest.
4. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good. Your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. But don’t expect over-hydrationto erase wrinklesor fine lines, says Atlanta dermatologist Kenneth Ellner, MD.
5. Water Helps Your Kidneys. Body fluids transport waste products in and out of cells. The main toxin in the body is blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that is able to pass through the kidneys to be excreted in the urine, explains Guest. "Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate," he says.
6. Water Helps Maintain Normal Bowel Function. Adequate hydration keeps things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. When you don’t get enough fluid, the colonpulls water from stools to maintain hydration — and the result is constipation.
Next Time We Will Talk About Sleep
Fairport Chiropractic1157 Fairport Road
Fairport, NY 14450