· The human brain is insensitive to pain. The suffering of a headache doesn’t come from the organ itself but from the nerves and muscles lining it.
· When you were a baby, your heart weighed less than an ounce. It will grow to weigh about a pound. Yet this muscle that is only the size of your fist will pump 2,000 gallons of blood each day.
· The average adult has between 40 billion and 50 billion fat cells.
· The simple act of walking requires the use of 200 muscles in the human body. As many as 40 are needed to lift a leg and move forward.
· A cup of espresso has less caffeine than a regular cup of coffee